Ophthalmology & Optometry/Lasik Surgery for the elderly

Question
When considering laser surgery for the eyes, what are some things to keep in mind for a person 62 years old and wear bifocal.  She has no stigmatism, glaucoma,  or dry eyes,

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Dear Sallie
LASIK vision correction for a patient of over 60 years is strictly NO
If she doesn't have dry eyes ,she might feel dryness of eyes after LASIK. No surgeon will guarantee 100% correction. She still might have to use glasses for distance too.  If she is myopic and the myopia gets fully corrected,she will become more dependent on reading glasses.  So the conclusion is that she will have to use glasses atleast for reading. Intra ocular pressure can not be measured correctly after LASIK. If she ever develops cataract,the intra ocular lens power calculation may not be accurate.
So it is better not to have LASIK at her age
Thanks and regards  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma