Options & Futures/common stock

My mother passed away in 2009. I found a copy of stock certificate issued in 1991 for 50 shares of common stock in Central Maine Power Company. I have called, e-mailed, and written to no avail. I am quite sure she would have done nothing with the stock as she had it in both our names and never got rid of anything. How do I obtain info on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hoover's Company Profiles:
Central Maine Power Company
Home > Library > Business & Finance > Hoover's Profiles
Contact Information
Central Maine Power Company
83 Edison Dr.
Augusta, ME 04336
ME Tel. 207-623-3521
Toll Free 800-565-0121
Fax 207-626-9571

Type: Subsidiary
On the web:

Central Maine Power (CMP) has electricity pumping through its veins (and transmission lines). The company, a subsidiary of utility holding firm Iberdrola USA, itself a unit of Spanish powerhouse IBERDROLA, provides regulated power services to more than 606,760 residential and business customers (80% of Maine's population) in a 11,000 square mile area of southern and central Maine. CMP allows nonregulated retail electric providers to supply power to customers over its 23,700-mile transmission and distribution network via 200 substations. The utility caters to a peak demand of about 1,620 MW.

President and Director: Sara J. Burns
VP Operations: Douglas A. Herling

Read more:

..this is all i could find besides a symbol ctppo for their supposent preferred stock.. you could call them at the 800 number shown and ask for their shareholder services number in this country as they appear to be foreign owned now.. I found a reference to a company called Iberdrola usa in their financial..

this is a situation that is why I have a stock account with the very reputable charles schwab company.. I might suggest you contact them at their number 1 800 435 4000.. and say i am considering opening an account using this stock i own as my mom has will need a copy of her death cert and they will probably handle the transfer of the stock in to your name alone...what stinks is the cmp symbol pulls up some outfit that is meaningless to me so this stock may not trade on our markets..since schwab is international..they probably can still help.

sorry I cant help more.. but this kind of research is best left to a stock broker..and thats why i use the best and am willing to pay a little get what you pay for..

good luck

Options & Futures

I answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. I was retired as a single man in 1996, but in 1998 I got married and now with 2 daughters 4 and 8,as of aug 2007,I found it necessary to drive big rig back since 2004 so I could provide them with AFFORDABLE quality health insurance. I use a trend theory that parallels the dow and trade stocks that follow the dow consistantly some of my successes was IBM`s jan 2005 100 call ZIBAT bought at 330 350 and 380 when ibm bottomed at 55-59 and sold at 580 when the stock hit 68-70 5k profit on each 10 k tied up I have found my screename being linked to garbage financial sites that I have no association with. Please ask me before you use any of these sites, or let me know at my website or my blog.

Since 1991 have traded leap calls for over 10 years on high quality stocks

and make 30-50% as a average i do this for fun and for free so others may benefit

ex top 10 expert i used the screename tbaarr there also my specialties are described by the topics below credit ,leap options explanation and use, trading leaps, analysis of stock price vs leap price and shaving the bid or the ask price when using covered calls remember if you get 10 bucks shaved off the bid and ask price of a covered rollout on 5 contracts you covered your commission

outsourced electrical engineer. calculus background. I used this knowledge to create my trading system