Oracle/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Upload Image into table12/19/2016Peter Choi
  Q: Greetings ! We are trying to upload Photos into the student master and are trying the following ...
  A: In your procedure, your line: src_file := BFILENAME ('image_dir', p_image_name); should be reading ...
Oracle12/6/2016Suchitra Joshi
  Q: I do have more then 9 plus years of experience as an Oracle developer and SQL developer. Now I ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply. Since Oracle and SQL developer area has become more coomon now, in order ...
diff between instance,schema,database8/1/2016Peter Choi
  Q: i am using oracle 10g(rdbms). i am beginer in plsql,mostly iam confusing with this words ...
  A: In Oracle (since inception), a schema is a collection of objects managed under a user account. In a ...
Invalid Number Error7/28/2016Peter Choi
  Q: Hope you are doing good. I have column (varchar2 data type) on my table which I need to convert ...
  A: When you run the select statement, SELECT TO_NUMBER(BB.mileage) Mileage1 FROM BB; do you still ...
union and intersect7/26/2016Peter Choi
  Q: What is the difference between union and intersect in plsql?
  A: In SQL (in this case ORACLE SQL) the UNION operator is used to combine the result sets of 2 or more ...
Oracle7/20/2016Peter Choi
  Q: os is windows 8.1 oracle 11g rdbms How can we use CREATE DATABASE statement oracle 11g? i tried that ...
  A: Reference: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28310/create003.htm The there a few ...
Oracle database integration with Content management systems.6/10/2016Peter Choi
  Q: Can Oracle database be integrated with Content management systems?. Thanks Prashant
  A: The Oracle database can be integrated with the Oracle Content Management solution, as well as other ...
sql6/1/2016Suchitra Joshi
  Q: iam not understanding the SQL,because iam confusing about below concepts -Server SQL language SQL ...
  A: SQL is basically a structured query language used to perform database operations like view, add, ...
Database6/1/2016Suchitra Joshi
  Q: what is a DataBase?and difference between Data Base and DBMS?
  A: A database is any collection of data (similar to any file system) that can be manipulated. DBMS is ...
users and access9/18/2015Peter Choi
  Q: scheduled scripts run on daily basis have password of man1 hard coded to it.i want restrict this ...
  A: On the Unix server, you can use CRON (http://www.unixgeeks.org/security/newbie/unix/cron-1.html) to ...
exporting the database tables to csv8/8/2015Peter Choi
  Q: i want to export database table data to csv file.i use a pl/sql procedure with utl_file package.i ...
  A: I hope you had a great weekend. Please note when you create a package and execute it, it may write ...
which pfile currently using4/2/2015Suchitra Joshi
  Q: I have multiple pfiles on multiple paths and i dont have spfile then , how can i know which pfile is ...
  A: I am not quite experienced in this area. But you can get related information at the following site ...
Need Advice3/3/2015Suchitra Joshi
  Q: I have around 9+ years of experience in oracle pl/sql developer & sql server developer. I would like ...
  A: Considering your experience in development area, I would suggest you to get expertise in advanced ...
import problem1/18/2015Peter Choi
  Q: my operating system is win xp.and oracle version is 10g. when i import updated dmp file but not ...
  A: The problem that you are encountering is you are attempting to import a row of data that is causing ...
Printing date10/19/2014Suchitra Joshi
  Q: I am running basic SQL queries to fetch records in last 7 days using command WHERE ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply. I think you are using SQL Server and not Oracle. Hence I am not so sure ...
Addendum to My Last Question8/15/2014Suchitra Joshi
  Q: This is my code. Does it look wrong to you? The messages display, but :SZBXUNI.SZBXUNI_FIELD1 does ...
  A: Sorry for the late reply. I have not worked on Forms for a long time now. But I will try. I am ...
Insert5/26/2014Peter Choi
  Q: I have a table, having 100 records and primary key column. Now i want to upload 10 more ...
  A: You need to use an inner-join query to pull out the duplicate records and get some decisions about ...
plsql4/16/2014Suchitra Joshi
  Q: i have written a plsql block that uses reference cursors.I am getting this error that says " Error ...
  A: Try one of the following - stmt varchar2(200) := 'select * from employees '; ---- space after ...
spatial database3/2/2014Peter Choi
  Q: why is spatial database required. while the features in GIS software's have attribute table that can ...
  A: The two works hand in hand. The two being the Oracle Spatial (RDBMS) and the GIS software's database ...
Error during Analyzing table2/28/2014Suchitra Joshi
  Q: I have a package in USER_1 schema. The package usually creates many temporary tables during the ...
  A: Check the following links which might resolve your problem - ...
Oracle 12c2/27/2014Peter Choi
  Q: Our team just transitioned into using 12c and when I started reading stuff about it, particularly on ...
  A: CDB = Container Database (within a multitenant environment) PDB = Pluggable Database (source: ...
UTL_SMTP2/17/2014Suchitra Joshi
  Q: How are you ? I am using Oracle 11g and UTL_SMTP package to send mail. The problem which is I am ...
  A: You can try utl_Smtp in loop with a pl/sql block with exception handling, instead of adding all the ...
QUERY PLAN9/22/2013Peter Choi
  Q: My question is… Will oracle create and use a new execution plan every time (or compare with old ...
  A: Starting with Oracle 9i, Oracle recommends that the database optimizer be set to COST Based (the ...
Oracle HRMS for Education Domain.8/2/2013Peter Choi
  Q: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_E-Business_Suite http://www.oraclehrms.com/ ...
  A: 1. Education and Training services may be better served may be better to use the PeopleSoft Campus ...
DBA 10g6/20/2013Peter Choi
  Q: Am Mohammed Sufyan from India and am Doing Course In Oracle, I would Like to know If i attend an ...
  A: As a 1st time junior DBA, you can expect many technical questions. In Sureshgandhi's blog ...
performace problem while processing only 11lacs record6/20/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: we have 2 tables:header and detail table. In header table we have primary key on item,country and ...
  A: I am not sure what is your exact problem and expectation. But you can try the FORALL feature of Bulk ...
Executing a formulae in a field5/28/2013Elliot Mak
  Q: we have a table containingfour fields 1. length (L),2. breadth(B), 3. Height(H) and a 4. ...
  A: Good day Natraj Here is an example: -- Create First Record CREATE TABLE "ECEBI"."FIRST_RECORD" ...
unique constraint voilated5/24/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: constraint is disable in database but on saving data the msg show for constraint 'unique ...
  A: Please see the results of following query for the exact constraint_name which is disabled. select ...
table size is increasing abnormally5/23/2013Peter Choi
  Q: I have a table the growth of it's normal in the morning but later in the afternoon the table size is ...
  A: If your table is being used as a temporary table to store values, then it's possible that it can ...
Executing a formulae which is in a field5/17/2013Peter Choi
  Q: we have a table containing fields length (L),breadth(B), Height(H) and a formula(F_Formula) where ...
  A: To execute a stored procedure from within Oracle's SQLPLUS, you can either use: SQL> execute ...
dynamic queries5/14/2013Peter Choi
  Q: Product: Oracle SQL Developer Version: 3.2.20.09 Platform: Windows 8 Here are three rows of my ...
  A: Here's a re-write of your code inselect A.errormessage , A.main_count , ...
Oracle DBA5/12/2013Peter Choi
  Q: Respected sir, i am prashant from india actually i am fresher for oracle and i want to learn ...
  A: First and foremost, you must have a very strong understanding of the concepts and practical ...
about oracle5/11/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: Respected madam, i am prashant completed my 12th science.now i want to do career in oracle ...
  A: Oracle DBA is a good area. But first you have to learn the basics of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL etc. Once ...
PL/SQL5/6/2013Elliot Mak
  Q: My Question are... 1)In what case hint is helping and in what case it is reducing the performance ...
  A: Good day Gaurav 1)In what case hint is helping and in what case it is reducing the performance for ...
Sql Query5/4/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: How do I execute a Formula which is stored in a Field for e.g. I have a formula (X*Y)/2+Y*2) stored ...
  A: You can evaluate the formulas this way in Oracle 11g version, by using function-based virtual ...
PL/SQL4/26/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: 10. If i am inserting row by loop and got any error while inserting than only error records insert ...
  A: You can achieve this by using AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION. Autonomous transactions will only commit the ...
RMAN4/19/2013Elliot Mak
  Q: How are you ? My question is... How to restore table in the production environment where my DB In ...
  A: Good day Gaurav, When I encountered this problem last year (one of the staff using the wrong script ...
scn4/17/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: gd even sir..... my questions is :- how many scn generate when we use create table command ? thanks ...
  A: I don't have any in-depth knowledge in this area, but you can check the following links - ...
error in login4/1/2013Peter Choi
  Q: when i want to login to oracle 10g than it is asking the user name and password but i enter both ...
  A: The problem is your database instance is probably not up and running, hence why you are unable to ...
business analyst path3/18/2013Suchitra Joshi
  Q: Myself Aashish & now studing Msc computer sci. I want to do a career as a business analyst & also i ...
  A: If you are interested in BA career, DBA will not be suitable. You can try development areas like ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Oracle

Peter Choi

Top Expert on this page