Oracle/carier guiding in database feild

Question
R/ma'am
i m a b tech student (8th sem.)from computer science.i want to set my future in database management field.Is it better for me to take training in java software development field as they also have database connectivity in application.please help me.
please also guide me what step should i take to achieve a best place in this field.and also the minimum best scope of this field in India.

Answer
Hi Vikas,

If you want to go in database field, then better to go in pure database field like Oracle SQL and PL/SQL. You will be able to do programming in this area. If you select Java, there will be very little database activity (only connection, queries and executing procedures etc).

So my suggestion is go for PL/SQL. You can learn Java side by side.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suchitra

Oracle

Suchitra Joshi