Oracle/business analyst path

Question
Myself Aashish & now studing Msc computer sci. I want to do a career as a business analyst & also i know for the certification it required exprience but i don't know the entry level path in a company to become a Business Analyst. My friend suggested me the path from Oracle DBA.
Is this right path for me or
Is there any other path to go for business analyst.

Because of my computer background i choose Information Technology (IT) area to become a BA.
And also i am not intrested in programming like c, java languages.

So please suggest me the entry level in a company or the step by step way which help for my BA career.

Answer
Hello Aashish,

If you are interested in BA career, DBA will not be suitable. You can try development areas like SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, App Servers etc. which have more scope in BA area. Mostly you would need to write queries, analyze and make decisions. Data warehousing is also a good area. You can do certifications in these areas too and gain experience by learning online, downloading software and practicing.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suchitra

Oracle

Suchitra Joshi