Oracle/RMAN

Question
Hello Sir,
How are you ?

My question is...

How to restore table in the production environment where my DB In TB ,Very less down time, No flashback and canít take tablespace offline  using RMAN ?

Thanks,
Gaurav

Answer
Good day Gaurav,

When I encountered this problem last year (one of the staff using the wrong script accidentally updated the wrong table in production from the backend), we restored the RMAN backup to another database instance, and then copy the data over to the production environment.

It worked for us because it was very early in the morning and there were minimal transaction activities at the time.   If you are doing it this way, you will need to make sure that you check the data integrity of the tables.  

The other option is, if you have a logical backup (expdp or exp dump), then you can use that to restore that table without impacting the system.

Hope it helps.
Elliot

Oracle

Elliot Mak