Oracle/Executing a formulae which is in a field

Question
Dear Peter,

we have a table containing fields length (L),breadth(B), Height(H) and a formula(F_Formula) where the words in the braces are field names .
we would like to execute the formula directly from the field Formulae for each of the record. the formula may have something like  3L*2H+B.

Just a tip we use to execute procedures which used to be stored in a Field of a table , I forgot how it was done,

Best Regards
Natraj

Answer
Hi Natraj,

To execute a stored procedure from within Oracle's SQLPLUS, you can either use:

SQL> execute my_store_proc (var1, var2, ... var x)

where var1, var2 ... var x dependes on the number of variables that the stored procedures requires and it has to be in the same type. So if VAR1 is expecting an Integer, you can use

my_store_proc (1)

but if it was expecting a CHAR, then

my_store_proc ('A')

I hope this helps.

Peter

Oracle

Peter Choi