Oracle/import problem

Question
my operating system is win xp.and oracle version is 10g.
when i import updated dmp file but not update.show the following problems:

1.IMP00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error1.
    IMP0003:ORACLE error 1 encountered
    0001:unique constraint (sysMAN.MGMI_ARU_PRD_PK) violated..............

Answer
Hi Fahmida,

The problem that you are encountering is you are attempting to import a row of data that is causing the Primary Key (PK) index, sysMAN.MGMI_ARU_PRD_PK to fail. As it is a PK, it is expecting unique values.

It is possible the DMP file for this table contained a duplicate entry. You may wish to consult with the provider of the DMP file, and take a look at the source table(s) where it came from.

I usually would not recommend disabling constraints (in your case dropping your index) just to update your table. There's a reason for the constraint.

Other option that you may have is to import the DMP file to a temporary table and compare the results with the intended table to update to spot any duplications.

I hope this helps.

Peter

Oracle

Peter Choi