Oral Surgery/Hidden tooth abscess

Bob wrote at 2014-07-20 20:34:11
Ive been through a very similar situation myself. Im just a patient, so do not take my advice seriously, but some general tips that I found helped my own situation were as follows.

- work with a dietician to reduce your diet to basic foods and then rebuild your food palette with the dieticians help. You will probably find some foods youve been eating were contributing to the headache, although they probably wont be the sole component cause of pain.

You may however find you general resistance improves because a lot of the strength of your immune system is contained in the digestive system, so improving the strength of that system has a surprisingly strong effect, which may help a bit at least with headache pain.

- see a neurologist who specialises in headaches, not just a general one. He may suggest steroid injections into the nerve or other analgesic type procedures e.g PENS.

- get tested for allergies. if you have any allergies to airborne particles which are floating around, they could affect your sinus. Check for things like dust, pollen, etc.

All the best

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC