Oral Surgery/exposed jaw bone after wisdom tooth extraction

Mary H wrote at 2010-09-26 18:39:33
Unfortunately, my story is the same, but I had dry socket for 12 days, and my jaw bone in the extraction area has now become exposed after two months of healing.  The best answer for the pain is clove oil from your local drug store, the package reads "red Cross toothache kit"  the pain will stop immediately for the tooth ache and the exposed bone.

sherell wrote at 2012-02-23 07:34:13
I found this, I had a similar problem

Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ) has recently been reported in people

receiving intravenous or oral bisphosphonate drugs for reasons other than OI.

Osteonecrotic or dead bone in the jaw becomes exposed after a routine tooth

extraction or, in about 40% of the cases, from a denture rubbing against the

“skin” (mucosa) in the mouth. The area of necrotic bone is very painful to the

touch. It heals very slowly.

Ellen wrote at 2014-10-01 15:34:41
@Laura..I too have underwent a lower left wisdom tooth extraction a month ago. My jaw bone is through the gum as well. I am in constant pain and sick of taking Ibuprofen 600 every 6 hrs. I don't generally take pain meds but I really, really need them. My kids are tired of the complaints but they have no idea how painful it is to eat or even drink a glass of water. I went for a second opinion and was told that the original surgeon is doing everything correctly and that I might need surgery to cover the exposed bone.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired