Oral Surgery/sliding genioplasty revision

srita23 wrote at 2009-07-30 08:28:46
I emailed Barry Zide. He was very helpful and gave a lot of information by email but he constantly kept changing prices and was a lot more expensive than other surgeons I consulted. As a result, I have delayed my operation. I have read his journals though and he seems to be experienced. Could you please list the best doctors in NYC? I am very interested. Thank you

michael wrote at 2012-04-24 15:59:16
For God's sake, avoid Barry M. Zide. At least prepare yourself for your consult with him by spending a few days reading what's been written about him online. If after that you still want to see him, at least bring someone with you--bring two people--, one to be with you during your exam, the other to sit in the waiting room to watch what goes on out there, and both to help you keeps your wits about you. If you do decide to let the maniac operate on you, have it done in a hospital. Don't have it done at his private office. If he refuses to do it in the hospital, tell him you want to hire a private surgical nurse to serve as your heath care proxy during your surgery. If he doesn't go for this, and you still go ahead with your surgery, God help you.  

bob lazarie wrote at 2013-03-19 04:17:59
Barry Zide is a scoundrel. Doctors send patients to him because he pays them kickbacks. Stay away from New York City. They're all crooked there.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired