Oral Surgery/Tooth abscess causing pain in bone and numbness in lip and chin

stayc wrote at 2012-11-04 08:35:38
This is EXACTLY what is happeining with me.  My numbness, however, started before they put a temporary filling in...but then it became intense! I went trough heseveral days of intense pain. Then they just pulled the tooth yesterday. My lip and chin are still extremely numb...what is this from?

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC