Oral Surgery/lingual nerve damage after jaw surgey and infection

sam wrote at 2012-12-06 23:17:08
Walla, I have osteomyelitis from a badly done sliding genioplasty. It looks like you're problem is that you're not finding the right doctor with the appropriate experience. Jaw osteomyelitis is rare and difficult to treat - most dentists and oral surgeons do not have direct experience with this.  I think the most important thing you must do is research the web and find a doctor who has experience successfully treating jaw osteomyelitis and osteonecrosis. You can email me at  samtemp12 at gmail if you'd like.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC