Oral Surgery/listerine usage after extraction

Question
I got two teeth pulled 4days ago and have had a horrible taste in my mouth for the past couple days. I'm on antibiotics so there shouldn't be an infection and I've had no pain whatsoever so I was wondering if I can use listerine this soon after extraction? Also I have stitches so I was wondering if listerine would affect t the stitches in any way?

Answer
Mary - You can begin to use Listerine, but for a day or two dilute the Listerine one to one with water.  This way during the healing the Listerine will work but the irritation from the Listerine will not harm the healing area.  Listerine will not affect the stitches.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired