Oral Surgery/listerine usage after extraction

I got two teeth pulled 4days ago and have had a horrible taste in my mouth for the past couple days. I'm on antibiotics so there shouldn't be an infection and I've had no pain whatsoever so I was wondering if I can use listerine this soon after extraction? Also I have stitches so I was wondering if listerine would affect t the stitches in any way?

Mary - You can begin to use Listerine, but for a day or two dilute the Listerine one to one with water.  This way during the healing the Listerine will work but the irritation from the Listerine will not harm the healing area.  Listerine will not affect the stitches.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC