Oral Surgery/Question about midface length

QUESTION: I would like to know if it's possible to reduce midface length, and by midface I mean the distance between the glabella and nasal base. Mine is too long (8 centimeters to be exactly), and the other areas of my face, which are the upper face (Hairline to the glabella) and lower face (Nasal base to the base of the chin) are only 7 centimeters. I thought that a maxillary impaction could help me but it would only reduce the length of my lower face.

ANSWER: Vinicius -  I personally am not experienced in restructuring of the mid upper portion of the face.  I guess if you went to a major reconstruction surgeon they could reproportion that portion of your face, but there are not many doctors I know who do that.  You should probably seek that treatment at a major medical center where they may have an appropriate doctor.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your answer, but could you inform where there is a major medical center? It can be anywhere in the  United States.

Vinicius -  Probably the best places in the US to be examined by a skilled board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon to determine a way to reduce the elongated upper portion of the face.  

New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University 622 W 168th St., New York City (212)305-7626

University of Pennsylvania Medical Center - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - (215) 662-6176

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC