Oral Surgery/Redufe midface length

Question
I would like to know if it's possible to reduce midface length, and by midface I mean the distance between the glabella and nasal base. Mine is too long (8 centimeters to be exactly), and the other areas of my face, which are the upper face (Hairline to the glabella) and lower face (Nasal base to the base of the chin) are only 7 centimeters. I thought that a maxillary impaction could help me but it would only reduce the length of my lower face.

Answer
Hello,

You have an interesting question. It is not possible to reduce the mid-face length. However, it is possible that your lower face could be small and makes your midface appear longer. Proportions are important.

If you like you could send me your photos via private route.

Thank you

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery