Oral Surgery/Wisdom teeth surgery perforated sinus?

Question
I had all four of my impacted wisdom teeth cut out a few days ago and have been noticing some strange feelings in my nose and the back of my mouth. I brushed my teeth last night and it felt like after i swished some water around I had some water in my nose, kinda like how it feels when you get water in you nose when swimming, except a little less extreme. Second it feels like I have snot mixing with my saliva in the back of my mouth like it draining back there or something, it has a similar consistency and does not taste like blood, I also have a sore throat. My oral surgeon didn't say anything about a perforated sinus after the surgery, but I remember him saying my roots were sorta close to the sinus in the consult. Ive never had these strange feelings in my nose before and would love to know what you think is causing it. Thanks

Answer
Hi

It does sounds like an oral and sinus communication. You should make an appointment to see an oral surgeon to be evaluated. They should place you on antibiotics before you get a chronic sinusitis. After that a repair should be done. This is done in the office.  

Good luck  

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery