Oral Surgery/Oral surgeon for my small mouth

Question
Can you tell me how I can find an oral surgeon on Oahu, Hawaii who can work with a small mouth?  I was told by a dentist today that I must have an upper molar removed that had broken off with its filling near the gum. They were also freaked out by my small mouth. I inherited it through my mother and grandfather.My sister also. There were always dentists around when I was growing up who worked fine with fillings on my teeth. Later, moving around, those dentists could still be found. I had an older dentist here but he retired. The doc today said the instrument couldn't fit in my mouth.  Are all the new kinds of instruments going to be too big?
Am I doomed? Now it"s me who's freaking out!  I need to get  this damaged tooth out. I hope  you have a way of helping me find an oral surgeon here on Oahu who can work on a small mouth. Please........Nobody here seems to know .......

Answer
Lorrie, I was looking for a referral from a surgeon I know in San Diego. I thought he might know of someone. I would recommend to look on the AAOMS website (www.aaoms.org) and look for a fellow of AAOMS. This will mean that they are Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This is where I would start. Good Luck!!

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon