Oral Surgery/Reversing extractions

I am a 59 year old woman that had two upper extractions and braces 16 years ago. At the time, I was already considered very pretty and my husband, friends and family thought I was crazy to start with braces.  They were right!! My point being,it was unnecessary and has only impacted my looks negatively. I quess that's my punishment for being vain.
I got a recommendation from my next door neighbor who is a respected endodontist in the area.  I put my trust in the orthodontist he recommended and foolishly didn't get a second opinion or do more research on my own.  I had some crowding of my upper teeth and a slight recession in my lower jaw.  I wasn't happy from the day my braces came off but as I've aged my teeth seemed to have receded even more and I have a sunken look in the top lip area.I also have a narrow smile. My bite is considered pretty good right now.  I did see an oral surgeon who told me it would be impossible to open up enough space to put in two implants. I've seen online however that this is possible.  I live in New Jersey and I am looking for someone in the New York, New Jersey area that might handle this type of case. I see that there is a Dr William Hang in California that does take on this type of case. I called his office but they were not able to recommend anyone in my area.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Lenore  -  It is a little difficult for me to refer you to a doctor who I know could help you, so I am going refer you to a couple of board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons in NYC who have seen many different situations and should be able to help you.

1) Dr. Paul Calat - (212) 696-2677

2) Dr. Mark Stein -  (212) 888-4760

3) Dr. Todd Berman - (212) 888-7070

Contact one of the above and make an appointment for an evaluation. I hope one of them can help you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC