Oral Surgery/Reversing extractions

Question
I am a 59 year old woman that had two upper extractions and braces 16 years ago. At the time, I was already considered very pretty and my husband, friends and family thought I was crazy to start with braces.  They were right!! My point being,it was unnecessary and has only impacted my looks negatively. I quess that's my punishment for being vain.
I got a recommendation from my next door neighbor who is a respected endodontist in the area.  I put my trust in the orthodontist he recommended and foolishly didn't get a second opinion or do more research on my own.  I had some crowding of my upper teeth and a slight recession in my lower jaw.  I wasn't happy from the day my braces came off but as I've aged my teeth seemed to have receded even more and I have a sunken look in the top lip area.I also have a narrow smile. My bite is considered pretty good right now.  I did see an oral surgeon who told me it would be impossible to open up enough space to put in two implants. I've seen online however that this is possible.  I live in New Jersey and I am looking for someone in the New York, New Jersey area that might handle this type of case. I see that there is a Dr William Hang in California that does take on this type of case. I called his office but they were not able to recommend anyone in my area.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Lenore  -  It is a little difficult for me to refer you to a doctor who I know could help you, so I am going refer you to a couple of board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons in NYC who have seen many different situations and should be able to help you.

1) Dr. Paul Calat - (212) 696-2677

2) Dr. Mark Stein -  (212) 888-4760

3) Dr. Todd Berman - (212) 888-7070

Contact one of the above and make an appointment for an evaluation. I hope one of them can help you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired