Oral Surgery/wisdom tooth ache

i am having wisdom tooth ache but my platelet count is only 38000. the dental asked me to extract my tooth. what is your advise? thank you

Sri - Do not have that tooth extracted before being examined by a hematologist.  Until that time, take pain medication.  It is not worth extracting that tooth now.  Excessive bleeding could occur.  I wish you well and hope there is no medical problem and you can have that tooth extracted soon.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC