Oral Surgery/wisdom tooth removal problems

Question
QUESTION: Hello there, about 8 months ago i had two of my bottom wisdom teeth removed, ever since i had problems with my jaw. it swelled badly a month after the surgery, and after the swelling went down it looks as though my jaw is very crooked and badly noticable. It looks as if my head is tilted to the left when im looking straight ahead, and also cracks and makes sounds when i move it fast. im only 21 and went from a social butterfly to a house nun. please help!! whats going on and what should i do?? thanks for your time!! - Heather

ANSWER: Heather - Of course, without examining you I cannot be sure, but it sounds like you might be suffering from a problem inside the jaw joint.  The sooner you have yourself by a knowledgeable doctor the better chances to prevent further problems.  My suggestion is that you make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon.  I don't know if you know of one near where you live, but it you wish, you can get back to me, tell me where you live and I will send you names of appropriate board certified surgeons near you to examine you.

QUESTION: im located in the riverside county area of california my zip is 92557 thank you so much

Answer
Heather - In Riverside, there a few board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the area.  They are:

1) Dr. Dale Stringer -  (951) 787-0602  - Riverside

2) Dr. Arthur Kilkuts - (951) 736-8133 - Corona

3) Dr. Stephen Taylor - (951) 273-9580

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired