Oral Surgery/SARPE on one side??

Asma wrote at 2013-02-20 09:49:36
Hello dr :

I have the same case and I was wondering If I can do the SARPE on one side ,cause I believe that this surgery will make my asymmetry looks worse .

My surgeon told my that I will need (LeFort) as a second surgery after I finish the expansion .

I discuss my other choise with him ( not doing the SARPE ) and make the expansion with (LeFort )through dividing my palate to three pieces and put them in the correct poison .

My surgeon prefer making the expansion by the SARPE . He said the result this way will be more estable with less chance to rissest the new changes .

Give me your opinion please . Defnitley i prefer one surgery than two. But the most important than my desire , which one is the best on my situation ?

Asma wrote at 2013-02-20 09:53:45
Hello dr :

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon