Oral Surgery/Lingual nerve issues still exist

Question
QUESTION: Dr. Tieg, I wrote to you last on June 3, 2012 about lingual nerve issues following multiple surgeries including but not limited to sub lingual glands removed. Significant scar tissue still exists. No longer on Gabapentin. I read about a few people who received help by being treated with something called Avicenna Laser treatment. This is produced by a company called Technological Medical Advancements, LLC. There is a Dr. Rubin in NY who provides this treatment. Do you think this can help me or make it worse. Lee Polsky

ANSWER: Lee -  I wish I could help you, but I am not overly familiar with this treatment.  The one thing that I find a little uncomfortable is that Dr. Rubin appears to be a podiatrist and is not skills in the head and neck region.  I wish I could tell you more, but I discovered that not many physicians use this technique.

QUESTION: Dr. Tieg, thank you. His name is Dr. Edward Rubin. Not Mitchel Rubin. He's not a podiatrist. But thamk you for your input. Lee

Answer
Lee - As I said before, I am not familiar with the treatment, but Dr. Rubin is a specialist in the treatment of pain.  So he is the type of doctor who should know the best approaches to quiet your pain.  I wish you well and hope that doctor helps you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired