Oral Surgery/Biopsy

Ok one note question. What would this irritation from the teeth look like to the naked eye? Would it be white or red? What was biopsied was only a small red area not white at all. So all the results in the biopsy show chronic irritation?  I just want to know the cause and I will leave it alone. Not knowing the cause of something makes a person with anxiety very anxious. The area wasn't very apparent to the naked but it was showing up with the velescope and wasn't really changing in that monh and half of observation. Is this also normal or chronic irritation caused by the teeth? I am not looking at his mouth or tongue every day. Actually before the dentist found this spot, not me, I hadn't looked at his tongue for almost a month. I was really moving on and trying. I had decided to let the dentist do his job and then my worst fear came true and he found something not me.

Kim there is no one appearance.  If very acute it could look like a small reddish scrape. Over a short time that redness resolves and it can hsve s pinkish areas or just looks a little bald.  The only worry would be a yellowish ulceration or a truly raised area noy like geogrspu c tonhur.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC