Oral Surgery/sinus drainage and sleeping after wisom teeth removal

Question
My surgeon told me my top 2 wisdom teeth were located in my actual sinus cavity.. this has caused alot more problems than i anticipated.. the first day after surgery i had a huge bleed out my nose and throat into my mouth... and then still have small clots that drain out of my sinus cavity into my thoat.. this causes me to be nauseous and just not be comfortable.. is this normal if so how long will it last and how can i speed it up the process of stopping this.. i am about to be on my 3rd night of sleeping in the recliner and not my bed with my husband.. i am keeping myself up during the day so that i can sleep bettet at nugght.. the pain of the teeth really isnt much juat scared to do anything wrong so i dont cause more pain to myself..

Thanks so much

Answer
Kassie- I wish I could give you a quick cure for the sinus bleeding, but unfortunately it just takes time.  The thing you can to help it stop quicker is to not irritate the clotting.  If you have sneeze, do it with your mouth open.  If you have to blow your nose, try not to.  

I wish I had a cure, but time is the main factor.  So be gentle.  Eat a soft diet and rinse often with warm, not hot, salt water.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired