You are here:

Oral Surgery/Jaw surgery problem


Hi again,
As you advised me to do, i'll try to find the best surgeons. But i was wondering : do you know and can you give me the names of the best maxillofacial surgeons in the USA please ?
Thanks again.

John -  For the situation you describe, it is a little difficult for me to tell you which surgeons are the best for this in the US.  Rather than a specific surgeon, the following are oral and maxillofacial surgery hospitals with the best surgeons for you.

New York Presbyterian Hospital (212) 305-7626  - Dr. Sidney Eisig, Chairman

University of North Carolina - (919) 966-1126 - Dr. Timothy Turvey, Chairman

University of Pennsylvania - (215) 662-6276 - Dr. Helen Giannakopolous, Director

Baylor College, Texas A&M Univ. Health Science Center -(214) 828-8170 - Dr. Michael Ellis

I wish you well and hope you can find a surgeon that helps you.

Oral Surgery

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired


I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.


Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC

©2017 All rights reserved.