Oral Surgery/SARPE before or after crown?

Question
Hello Dr.  

I'm supposed to get Surgical Palate expansion, but I recently had a root canal on a left molar.  I haven't yet placed a post in it or a crown (I make sure not to chew on that side) because I'm not sure if I should wait until after the SARPE to do this seeing as how the procedure is going to be shifting teeth around anyway.  Would it be better to have the SARPE with the canaled tooth as it is and then have it posted and crowned once the the Sarpe does it's job and the bite is set?
Thank you for your attention and your service.

Answer
Ava -  Of course, without examining you or viewing xrays I cannot be completely sure, but it is best to eliminate possible sources of infection or inflammatory conditions before surgery is attempted.d  For that reason, I think it is best to have the root canal treatment finished first before any surgery.  

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me again.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired