Oral Surgery/tooth sticking out of gum

Question
I went to a oral surgeon to have a molar cut out now inside the inner part of my lower mouth along the gum line there is a sharp white piece that appears to look like a tooth or something I just had I done a little over a week ago my tooth removed, what can it be?

Answer
You should see your oral surgeon.  It could be a number of things which include a piece of residual tooth, or your jaw structure ( a sharp area in your jaw that can stick out through the gums as it is healing).  The only way to know is to have your oral surgeon look at it.

Dr. Jeff Bressman
www.omfsurg.com

Oral Surgery

Jeff Bressman, DDS, Diplomate ABOMS