Oral Surgery/Tori removal/exposed bone

Question
bone exposure
bone exposure  
Dentist ripped my skin while grinding my bone and did not have enough skin to cover it. The stitches have come loose and more bone is now exposed and it will not stop bleeding. My dentist says not to worry the skin will grow over it. Is he trying to get out of a mistake? Please advise...

Answer
Clay -  It is obvious that the dentist is not the best at doing surgery, but the area will heal.  The best thing you can do is to immediately begin a regimen of warm salt water rinses for about 1-2 minutes 4-5 times a day.  That will promote the healing much quicker.  So do the rinsing and you will see healing much sooner.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired