Oral Surgery/Urgent

Question

Is it possible to send a picture to you? My roommate has had an oral infection for two years. Through no fault of her own (insurance issues, negligent dentists) she has been unable to resolve the issues. I was told if you have an oral infection that is unresolved it can and likely will lead to oral cancer. This morning we found a white patch that is extremely concerning. I was hoping to send to you for your opinion/feedback.

Thank you

Answer
Lindsay -  You can attach a picture to this website.  I'll review it and get back to you.  Let me tell you that an unresolved oral infection will not produce cancer on its own.  So get back to me and provide the picture and I will review it and get back to you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired