Oral Surgery/Urgent

Is it possible to send a picture to you? My roommate has had an oral infection for two years. Through no fault of her own (insurance issues, negligent dentists) she has been unable to resolve the issues. I was told if you have an oral infection that is unresolved it can and likely will lead to oral cancer. This morning we found a white patch that is extremely concerning. I was hoping to send to you for your opinion/feedback.

Thank you

Lindsay -  You can attach a picture to this website.  I'll review it and get back to you.  Let me tell you that an unresolved oral infection will not produce cancer on its own.  So get back to me and provide the picture and I will review it and get back to you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC