Oral Surgery/Oral Extraction Site

my extraction site
my extraction site  
Hi I had my bottom right molar #30 on Thursday, December 19th. I have dissolvable stiches and Ive been rinseing with warm salt water after every meal. Im just soo nervous to catch dry socket and i was wondering if my extraction site looks healthy and if im still at risk for dry socket.

Dani - Of course it is easier and more accurate to evaluate the area directly, but from the picture, the socket does look like it is healing.  It is now three days since the extraction and the chances of a dry socket forming is decreasing daily.  So keep up the warm salt water rinses and it looks like the socket should be completely healed soon.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC