Oral Surgery/Oral Extraction Site

Question
my extraction site
my extraction site  
Hi I had my bottom right molar #30 on Thursday, December 19th. I have dissolvable stiches and Ive been rinseing with warm salt water after every meal. Im just soo nervous to catch dry socket and i was wondering if my extraction site looks healthy and if im still at risk for dry socket.

Answer
Dani - Of course it is easier and more accurate to evaluate the area directly, but from the picture, the socket does look like it is healing.  It is now three days since the extraction and the chances of a dry socket forming is decreasing daily.  So keep up the warm salt water rinses and it looks like the socket should be completely healed soon.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired