Oral Surgery/orthognatic surgery

Question
hi doctor.im 34 years old a case of underbite. It started few years after i had my complete upper denture 16 years ago. and it even get worst when im removing it the fact that my midface bone have receded. I consulted an oral maxillofacial surgeon and suggest to undergo jaw surgery. What would you suggest to correct my bite.
thank you very much.

Answer
Liza, I would be happy to give you an opinion but I would need records, photographs and radiographs in order to do so. I will not be able to provide any information without looking at you case. A lateral ceph radiograph and a PAN and photographs would be extremely helpful.

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon