Oral Surgery/3 yo needs dental surgery

Question
Hi I need to ask how much pain my lo might be in after her surgery, how long this type of procedure might take, and what Should I expect when she is in recovery( continued gauze pressure on extractions? My little girl is 3 yo and has to be sedated for the extraction of her 2 front teeth 1 due to a chip where as it has exposed pulp ...and the other due to large cavity, 1 small filling on the tooth right next to the extracted ones,and probably a cap on her molar due to a large cavity..sooo worried about this and the Drs cant give me any straight answers thank you so much

Answer
Kellie, Thank you for your questions. NO need to worry about this. Healthy children with no bleeding problems or other health history do very well with extractions of primary teeth. Children are so resilient and the recover is very quick. The bleeding should stop in a few minutes and the pain in a few hours. Although, it can and sometimes last a bit longer. Bleeding will be off and on for about a day at the most. I hope that helps.

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon