Oral Surgery/Blod clot following extraction of #13 upper

Question
I had my #13 tooth (upper left side) extracted at my oral surgeon on Tuesday, March 19th.   I have had very little pain however...I have what I assume to be a blood clot hanging down from where the tooth was.   It is so long it lays on my tongue when eating or drinking.  At this writing it has been about 80 hours since my surgery.
I am a minister and have to speak on Sunday.  This thing hanging down is driving me crazy.   Is this normal and what can I expect.   Again...I am rinsing every two or three hours with warm salt water.  
I am terrified of having a Dry Socket.  My surgeon is closed on Sat and Sun.  I am sure he would see me if necessary...but I am not in pain....just the aggravation of having this thing hanging down in my mouth.
It is so thin I cannot imagine that it has no broken off by now.  I came off my coumadin before surgery and my INR was 1.3.  I went back on it a couple of days ago, but it will take a while to get me therapeutic which is 2.4   (afib)
By noon tomorrow, 96 hours will have passed since the tooth was extracted on Tuesday.

Thank you
Jerry

Answer
Jerry - the extended effect of Coumadin even after it has be discontinued temporarily can be for a while.  The normal approach if you did not take Coumadin would be to just pull the blood clot out and then bite on a tea bag that was dipped and squeezed out of warm water.  Place the tea bag over the extraction site and bite on it for about 10 minutes.  The problem is, now that it is Friday, and you are back on Coumadin is the problem.  You need to contact the surgeon's office.  This is an emergency situation due to the Coumadin.  So don't feel bad.  Call the office and you need to be seen immediately or set up to see a different surgeon.

Don't wait.  Get this taken care of.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired