Oral Surgery/chin/throat

Had a mentalis reefing a couple of years ago. Haven't been able to swallow or speak or chew or move my head around without pain since. He overtightened something that runs between my larynx and my jaw.

Philip -  It is obvious that the problem does not lay in the mentalis muscle.  It is possible that the surgeon remove the muscles and attachments below the chin.  When resutured, the doctor probably did it in such a way that it has created excess forces that now restrict normal function.  

I don't know who you have seen for this surgery, but it is important that you have a different surgeon evaluate you.  If you wish, get back to me, tell me where you live and I will try to find appropriate surgeons.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC