Oral Surgery/chin/throat

Question
Had a mentalis reefing a couple of years ago. Haven't been able to swallow or speak or chew or move my head around without pain since. He overtightened something that runs between my larynx and my jaw.

Answer
Philip -  It is obvious that the problem does not lay in the mentalis muscle.  It is possible that the surgeon remove the muscles and attachments below the chin.  When resutured, the doctor probably did it in such a way that it has created excess forces that now restrict normal function.  

I don't know who you have seen for this surgery, but it is important that you have a different surgeon evaluate you.  If you wish, get back to me, tell me where you live and I will try to find appropriate surgeons.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired