Oral Surgery/Ill after extractions

Question
I had 2 lower impacted wisdom teeth removed approximately 4 weeks ago. The left side feels good enough but my right jawline is extremely sensitive and painful, especially right below the extraction site.
Also my neck gland on the right side is now very sensitive, sometimes throbbing.. To make matters worse, I have a feeling of flulike symptoms, including major fatigue and body aches. I could sleep half the day.
What could be going wrong? The gum and socket are not painful so I thought that dry socket is not a probability.

Answer
Alejandra -  I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through.  The fact that you are not having pain is good, but the glandular sensitivity and jawline discomfort usually indicates either just an inflammation or an infection associated with the extraction site or the bone surrounding it.  You don't say what type of dentist did the extractions, but especially if a general dentist did the extractions, you should make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon  to evaluate the area.  Do not put this off.  An underlying problem with the bone can cause more damage.

So make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon soon.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired