Oral Surgery/Paranasal Implants Or Upper Jaw Surgery

Question
Hi Dr. Teig, I have a flat mid face, and soft tissue support due to Bicuspid extraction and braces.  Can paranasal implants correct my facial flatness?  or should I do jaw advancement instead? When it comes to my bite, well its perfect. I have no problems with my bite.I am doing the surgery with implants or jaw altering to aesthetically please myself. What are your recommendations?
Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Kamila - That is very simple question to answer.  The paranasal implant can bubble out the flatness, but the implants themselves do not produce a very pleasing result.  Better yet is the upper jaw advancement.  

If you choose the advancement, stop all dental treatments until a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon evaluates your bite.  For an advancement the proper bite position is important for a successful outcome.  Changes that are done and the advancement is not taken into consideration might produce a difficult outcome.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired