Oral Surgery/Tongue

Question
My husband who suffers from geographic tongue has a red spot with a white line underneith it on the underneith side of his tongue . Could this be geograpgic tounge or something else. Should he go to his dentist to have it looked at? I am always worried about cancer since he does use smokeless tobacco.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/28BA955D-6AC2-4841-9742-18A

Answer
Kim - That are of slight redness on the underside of the tongue appears to be inflammatory in origin.  What is causing the inflammation is the question. It could have been something eaten that produced the inflammation.  So it does not appear anything to worry about.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired