Oral Surgery/wisdom teeth extraction

Question
I just had all four wisdom teeth removed today. My face is swollen, which of course is normal. My teeth wont come together though, why is that? Is that normal. I just gor.my braces off 6 months ago and im scared that my teeth my be moving around and acting up. Is that possible? Im very worried. I cant wear my retainer just yet. So what exactly is going on? Do i need to worry?

Answer
Sarah -  That is a very difficult question for me to answer.  Will the teeth not come together due to swelling of the gum tissue in the area of the extractions?  Could the jaw joints be out of wack?  My suggestion is to definitely have the doctor examine you tomorrow if the situation has not changed.  I don't like what has occurred and it should revert back to normal quickly.

Do worry, but definitely have the doctor examine you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired