Oral Surgery/wisdom teeth extraction

I just had all four wisdom teeth removed today. My face is swollen, which of course is normal. My teeth wont come together though, why is that? Is that normal. I just braces off 6 months ago and im scared that my teeth my be moving around and acting up. Is that possible? Im very worried. I cant wear my retainer just yet. So what exactly is going on? Do i need to worry?

Sarah -  That is a very difficult question for me to answer.  Will the teeth not come together due to swelling of the gum tissue in the area of the extractions?  Could the jaw joints be out of wack?  My suggestion is to definitely have the doctor examine you tomorrow if the situation has not changed.  I don't like what has occurred and it should revert back to normal quickly.

Do worry, but definitely have the doctor examine you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC