Oral Surgery/dental procedure

I am scheduled to have alveoplasty done next week. I had teeth extracted 2yrs ago then the rest of my back teeth 2months ago and am now ready to get a partial denture. I understand what the procedure is but am wondering about the recovery since I work in retail in window treatment sales (blinds,shades,draperies,etc). How long until I'm able to be comfortable talking, being on my feet for many hrs., eating, etc. I understand everyone is differents but I'm wondering how much pain to expect afterwards and how long.
Also, I will have a temp partial in immediatly. Do they look like the real partials? How long before the permanent can be put in? Thank you so much for your time and help!

Kristi - The length of time until comfort resumes after an alveoplasty often varies based on the skills of the doctor.  Alveoplasty is not a difficult procedure in the hands of a skilled surgeon, but many general dentists attempt this and the postoperative healing can be quite uncomfortable.  I am not trying to scare you, but in the hands of a skilled surgeon, you should be back to normal quickly.  

Temporary partials are constructed a little different, but its appearance should look similar to the permanent one.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC