Oral Surgery/Impacted wisdom tooth

Hi,  I have a impacted wisdom tooth laying on its side with a cyst around it. I think it may be infected, my jaw hurts under it, and my throt hurts as well. My next on that side is sore sometime, and have a weird tingling feeling down my arms sometimes comes and goes. Just a weird feeling??  Could my wisdom tooth cause different feelings like that??  Thank you much!!

Chad - Infected or inflamed wisdom teeth can produce a number of different symptoms.  What you are describing could be spasms of the jaw muscles. Those muscles often go into spasm from wisdom teeth problems.  Once inflamed, those muscles can cause the shoulder and neck muscles to also go into spasm and produce the symptoms you describe.  

Have the wisdom teeth evaluated to make sure.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC