Oral Surgery/Injection injury

Question
Dr Teig,
I have an injectional nerve injury which affects my tongue gums and even the socket from where the lower molar not a wisdom tooth was removed nine weeks ago. I have taken several medications including tranquilizers anti convulsants and pain killers but I am still suffering. I know the tongue pain is a lingual nerve injury but I do not understand why the empty socket is causing me so much pain when it appears to be healing. Can you help me to find the best specialist In new88 York to help me? I live on Long Island and have been diagnosed by a group in lake success. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Julie

Answer
Julie - There is an oral and maxillofacial surgery group with offices in West Islip, Lake Success and New York City that does repairs, if necessary of the lingual nerve.  I am assuming that the group in Lake Success is The New York Center for Orthognathic and Maxillofacial Surgery.  They are a group of skilled surgeons, but if they cannot help, I'm not sure of others in New York.  

he can be reached at: 678-905-9066

I wish you well and hope one of these two set of doctors can help you.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired