Oral Surgery/Bump on Palatopharyngeal arch

Question
1
1  

2
2  
Hi Doctor,

I was wondering what you thought about this small bump on the back arch of my mouth. It is on the right side of the picture. I'm not sure when it came up, but it's been there for about five months now. Does it look like something normal? Could it be an HPV wart?

Thank you so much

Answer
Nikki - It could be a wart, but it could also just be blockage of a gland.  My suggestion is to make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon or ENT doctor for an evaluation.  A biopsy might be warranted to fully diagnose the area.  It does not look like anything bad, but an evaluation is appropriate to fully diagnose the area.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired