Oral Surgery/Bump on Palatopharyngeal arch

Hi Doctor,

I was wondering what you thought about this small bump on the back arch of my mouth. It is on the right side of the picture. I'm not sure when it came up, but it's been there for about five months now. Does it look like something normal? Could it be an HPV wart?

Thank you so much

Nikki - It could be a wart, but it could also just be blockage of a gland.  My suggestion is to make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon or ENT doctor for an evaluation.  A biopsy might be warranted to fully diagnose the area.  It does not look like anything bad, but an evaluation is appropriate to fully diagnose the area.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC