Oral Surgery/Left lower eight

Question
Hello.

My left lower eight is erupting. It's one cusp has erupted but it makes contact with the cheek so I'm having cheek bite. It hurts alot while eating or brushing on that side. And I think it is erupting buccally. It's not carious. I think when it will erupt fully, it may effect the occlusion, as it will exert some force on other teeth. Does it need extraction? If no, then what should I do to prevent further trauma tomycheek?

Answer
Hello Bakhtawar,

You should see an oral surgeon to remove them quickly. The longer you wait, the more chance of getting infection and pain.  Also, if the roots of the teeth are not developed, they would be easier to remove.
Good luck!

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery