You are here:

Oral Surgery/mini residency


I am a dentist in Canada who would like to enroll in a mini-residency in 3rd molar extractions. Can you please provide continuing education programs, sponsored by dental schools throughout the US or Canada, that have educational programs in oral surgical techniques?


William -  I wish I knew of such programs.  I am no longer in practice and I am away from the schools.  My suggestion is to get a list of schools and call.  Close to you in the US is the University of Buffalo Dental School./  An excellent program and they should be able to help you.

Oral Surgery

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired


I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.


Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC

©2017 All rights reserved.