Oral Surgery/Extraction healing

Question
I had 3 upper teeth extracted 4weeks ago. They were next to each other and one healed right up while the other was open for a long time -  no that socket is closed but soft and swishy like . You can feel this softness up to the jaw bone in this socket - is this ok ?

Answer
Hi Becky,

Seems like everything is healing fine. I think the important part is that you don't have any openning up there (a sign of oroantral communication). The softness is just lack of bone underneath.  Of course it is hard to say without seeing you, but you might need a bone graft later on if you decide to get an implant later on.

Regards

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery