Oral Surgery/sorry to keep asking but i need your opinion

Question
QUESTION: I was given the name of a dental group who came to the house. So i called. This very pushy secretary is trying to force me into allowing them to come to my home and pull my teeth! I tried to explain to her i have health issues as well as being scared to death. But she just kept blowing me off. Isnt it dangerous to pull teeth in someones home?  What if there are complications? This scares me. Is this safe or should i refuse to let them touch me. This doesnt feel right.

ANSWER: Barb -  It is not dangerous to extract teeth in someone's home (I did this for individuals who, like you were not mobile).  The most important requirement is that the doctor extracted the teeth needs to be qualified in surgery.  If he will only rush in, extract the teeth and not watch you for a while afterward then it is not correct.  The doctor needs to not rush, but be able to be with you for a while afterwards to make sure there is no excess bleeding.

QUESTION: Ok. I thought that vitals had to be watched because of the stuff they give you to put you to sleep.and whatever other meds they give you. Can you tell me how this is suppose to be done so i wont be so anxious?

Answer
Barb - Specifically, the doctor who comes to see you cannot rush through with the treatments.  He needs to be skilled in surgery and takes his time and he needs to remain with you until there is no continued bleeding.  Simply that is all that is needed.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired