Oral Surgery/Misaligned Implant

Question
Hello Doctor,
#19 and #20 have the implants. #17 and #18 are missing teeth.
The implants are in and I am now waiting for my next appointment to receive the abutments and crown/bridge.
Before we started the implant, bone grafting on #20 took place, and the dentist said all looks great and healed well.
I asked my dentist as we were looking at the x-rays of the implants. Why is #20 aligned straight and #19 misaligned? #19 is leaning toward #20 (almost touching at each other at ends where the abutments get attached)? His answer was "well I'm human and there will be no problem".
This answer made me nervous.
Shouldn't the implants be parallel? Aligned straight up and down? And is there a good chance for complications in the future?

Answer
Implants are not required to be parallel.  My best advice would be for you to have your case thoroughly reviewed by board certified oral &maxillofacial surgeon and prosthodontist.  It is nearly impossible for me to give specific advice about your particular circumstances in this medium.  I would need to examine you and review your X-rays

Good Luck

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS