Oral Surgery/Tongue

Question
Tyytfgff
Tyytfgff  

Fgggrfgghh
Fgggrfgghh  
Have redness at tip of tongue. Looks like 3 red lines. Also have bite marks on side of tongue. Had it over 2 weeks. Went to dentists and ent. Ent said it was geographic tongue. Feels irritated and burns at times. Looked like a burn. Both dentists said it was irritation and ent said geographic tongue. What do u think it is? Is it mouth cancer? Hypochondriac so very worried. Although I've been to 5 diff drs already. Thanks.

Answer
Steve -  the area of redness seems to me to be a fairly common phenomenon called geographic tongue.  It is a fairly common lesion and fortunately it is not dangerous, cancerous of infectious.  

So relax and listen to all the doctors you have seen.  That area can last for a while or with someone like me, you can have it for years.

Any further questions, feel free to contact me again.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired