Oral Surgery/Tongue

Question
R
R  

Pl
Pl  
Hello
I was diagnosed with geographic tongue. Now I noticed this yellowish coating on the back of my tongue. What is it? Is it just normal bacteria there? I took some mycelex today maybe that's causing the color? Dr didn't think it was fungal but said I could try it so I did. I do have a burning mouth at times. Also when I rub my tongue on roof of mouth above uvula area upper throat it feels pimply but maybe it supposed to. I am a huge hypochondriac and would appreciate a response. I have visited oral surgeon EnT and regular doctor and dentist. I didn't have the yellow on tongue at time though.  I still have some now although not as bad. This pic was after I had coffee am hour later.

Answer
Steve -  I cannot be sure, but the yellow area could be a yeast accumulation.  Those cells could be dead but my suggestion is to see the surgeon and have him take a swab of the area and send it to a lab to evaluate what is there.  I could also be a stain from coffee.  Like I told you before, you should be brushing your tongue at least once a day.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired